Compressed Zip files can be identified by their (.zip) file extension and a zipper on the folder icon.
Most of these files are Zipped for security reasons, privacy protection, easy storage and file transfers.
Note: If the zipped folder is attached in an email, it is important to download the file and save it in your computer first before extracting it.
How to Extract/Unzip Zipped Files
When you extract files from a zipped folder, a new folder with the same name is created which contains the actual files in the zip folder. The compressed (zipped) version also remains.
Follow the simple steps below to extract or Unzip a Zipped file;
- Step 1: Download and install a Zip Extractor Software. e.g Winrar, 7zip, winzip etc… (Click HERE to Download Winrar – Recommended)
- Step 2: Right-click the zipped folder saved on your computer.
- Select “Extract All…” from the screen options (an extraction wizard will begin).
- Click [Next >] to begin the extraction process
- The extracted file will be saved in the same folder where the the original file is. You can change that by selecting a different location or just copy the extracted file and save it in whatever folder you want.
- Click [Finish] when the extraction process is complete.
Note: If the zipped file is protected with a password, you must provide the password before the file can be extracted to the specified folder. When you extract a file from a password-protected compressed folder, the extracted file is no longer protected.
Keywords: Winzip, reduce,Win zip, compress, compressed, compressing, condense, condensed, attachment, reduction, open, file size, photos, pictures, e-mail, unzip