University of Benin (UNIBEN) Diploma in Maritime Studies and ICT programme Admission Form Details, 2020/2021 Academic Session
- University of Benin (UNIBEN) Diploma in Maritime Studies and ICT programme Admission Form Details, 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Available Courses
- Course Benefits:
- Lecture Periods:
- Industrial Training:
- Admission Requirements:
- How to Apply UNIBEN Diploma in Maritime Studies and ICT Admission Form:
- Application Deadline:
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Full-Time Two-Year Diploma in Maritime Studies, Information and Communication Technology (ICT) of the University of Benin (UNIBEN).
The University of Benin, center for Maritime Studies, Information and Communication Technology (ICT) runs a two-year Full-Time Diploma in the following Courses:
(i) Maritime Studies, Information and Communication Technology
(ii) Marine Drilling and Production Technology
(iii) Industrial Welding and Fabrication Technology
(iv) Computing and Computer Technology.
The Courses have adequate professional and academic content to enhance manpower development, staff proficiency, capacity building; and they are designed to strengthen performance in the Ports Development/Operations, Ship Building Technology, Shipping , Offshore Oil and Gas, ICT sectors of the
economy . The programs are designed for middle and top management position.
Furthermore, the Center also runs professional courses at Advance Certificate Level. The courses are as follows:
(i) Oil and Gas Instrumentation and control engineering
(ii) Oil and Gas Electrical Engineering
and Naval Architecture
(iii) Maritime and Naval Architecture Engineering
(iv) Oil Field Development and Subsea Engineering.
The duration of this is 12 months. And waivers can be given to desiring candidates.
Graduates from the Centre shall acquire both academic and practical knowledge to be employed directly into Sea Ports, Shipping, Oil, Custom Services, and other Agencies in maritime and ICT industries.
The Diploma in Maritime Studies and ICT is recognized as a direct entry qualification in the University of Benin into 200 level for all Engineering programmes and degree programme in the Faculty of Science (Computer Science, Mathematics (Pure and Applied), Industrial Mathematics, Mathematics with Physics, Mathematics with Chemistry, Statistics with Computer Science, Physics, Geology and Industrial Physics), Faculty of Education (Department of Vocational and Technical Education) and Library Studies and similar institutions in the country.
Programme would also serve as capacity building for the academic and professional enhancement of persons with innate maritime culture and tradition.
Lectures shall take place from Monday to Friday between the hours of 2.00 and 6.00pm.
Students must undertake and pass a three-month industrial training period between the first and second year of the program.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR DIPLOMA
- Credit in Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Chemistry and any other subject at GCE/WASE/SSCE/NABTEB/NECO
- City and Guilds (Part 1) in any area of Engineering
- A qualification equivalent to any of the above.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR ADVANCE CERTIFICATE
- B.Eng. in any Engineering Programs
- B.Sc. in any Science (Physics, Chemistry, Geology, Computer Science, Mathematics or the Equivalent)
- HND in any Engineering programs
- HND in any Science Programs (Computer Science, Marine Engineering, Nautical studies/ICT PROGRAMS)
- Diploma in Maritime Studies, Information and Communication Technology
- OND in any Science Programs (Computer Science, Mathematics, Navigation and Nautical Studies, Maritime Studies/ICT Program)
- OND in any Engineering Program
How to Apply UNIBEN Diploma in Maritime Studies and ICT Admission Form:
Candidates should visit the website myuniben.org then click on Application to initiate the online application process by printing application fee slip of the sum of N12, 500:00 (Twelve Thousand, Five Hundred Naira, only) and then proceed to any Commercial Bank of their choice to make the payment through Remita platform. Thereafter, candidates are expected to go back to the same website to complete their application online.
Candidates should ensure that forms are clearly filled with all information required on or before 31st January, 2021. Any application Form not properly filled will not be treated.